Saturday, April 19, 2008

Welcome to Juticapla

I have to admit that the Catholic Church is really quite pretty. It is very humbling when you enter and realize how old the building is. Everything runs from the church. It reminds me of how in the Salt Lake Valley everything runs from the temple. 
This is the park that is across the street from the church. People are selling about everything around here. Cynthia and I were just out shopping for some goodies I could take back with me.
One crazy surprise for me were the streets. They are very tiny and narrow. Again they are very old and were used only by foot traffic and horses. The HUGH American cars have to fit in the streets and it is a very scary experience to ride in a car. The sidewalks are about two feet across and sometimes it is easier to risk your life walking in the road. I do love the many colors that surround the buildings. 
Wil, Edgar and I went shopping at the local markets for some food to take to the farm. I love the idea of buying fresh produce right from the farms that surround the areas. By far the best avocado I have ever tasted!!!

No comments: